Thursday, September 18, 2008

Update

So I guess there was a leak in the forward fuel tank and it's not supposed to leak. I think it's okay for the others to but not that one? Anyway, there was a crew working 24 hours a day for 2 or 3 days trying to get it fixed so they could get back to Germany on time. Germany has a quiet curfew or something and they can't fly after a certain time and also can't fly out of there on the weekends, so it was important to get back there so they could get back home... otherwise it would be next week. So...good news! They made it back to Germany! He will be home tomorrow about 5pm! Can you tell I'm excited?! This means I don't have to travel this weekend by myself. It wasn't the being at the wedding alone as much as it was the 8 hours in the car by myself (4 hrs. there/4 hrs. back). I don't think I've spent that much time by myself since before Dylan... that's been a while! I may be awake by myself most of the time till he gets his sleep schedule back to US time. That's always a hard adjustment when he gets back from overseas. So that's all I have for today... thanks for checking on us!

4 comments:

Marie said...

YEAH!!! :)

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! Glad it all worked out! :)

Jenn said...

I'm glad he'll be back soon. I wish the planes were more reliable!

Aja Jenise said...

Hey girl... I am surviving on myquil right now. we got back from KC tonight, and OBVIOUSLY didnt make it to you. I forgot to take your cell number. We made it there Sunday afternoon and swam and played and swam and played... then this cycle repeated itself for three days... while finding vast amounts of new foods to ingest when we were on our bums. We are hoem safely... though tired as all heck. I am sitting here waiting for the nyquil to kick in so I stop coughing and waking up paul. I miss you and I am sorry we didnt make it. I think we may have gotten our moneys worth of swimming... cause DANG am I tired. Love you! I hope Jerreme made it home okay... let me know...

Aja