Thursday, September 4, 2008

The 10 year old Dill Pickle!

One of Dylans most favorite nick names :) I can hardly believe my little man is 10 years old. He is growing so much physically, emotionally, spiritually. I've had a hard time letting him do some things because I want to keep him my baby. He is playing the viola now in 4th grade orchestra. He'll be starting soccer next week and football in a few weeks. I took snacks up to school today and he didn't seem too embarrassed that I was there. I'm always thinking that he thinks "oh man, I can't believe my mom is in my classroom!" He did well though... even through the Happy Birthday song :) I visited Skyler while I was there and he was a very different story. All hugs and clinging to me. He wanted me to go to recess with him and stay for the rest of the day. Where does that innocence go? Anyway, Dylan had a very good day. He got a new bike from us... with gears so he can get up the hills now on our bike trecks. We'll have the family birthday party on Saturday so watch for the next cake creation!

Dylans "birthday" with Great-grandma Knight

Dylan sporting his new bike

3 comments:

Marie said...

OH MY GOSH Dylan!!! Happy Birthday!! I can't believe what an amazing young man you are growing into. It seems like you were five when I saw you last - well, not really, but it seems like forever ago and you have really grown up so much. I love getting to read on here about how proud your mom is of you and how much she loves you. We love you too and hope to get to see you before you're off to college!!! ;) Happy Birthday!!!

Jenn said...

Age 10 seems like such a milestone. Happy Birthday Dylan. Awesome bike.

Anonymous said...

Wow! 10...I can remember when he was just a toddler. I agree. Where does the innocence go? Mine are only 7 and 5 and such a huge difference in 7 and 5!!! HOpe you all had a good weekend!