Tuesday, August 12, 2008

First day of school!

Well, today was the first day of school for my boys. Dylan started 4th grade and Skyler started Kindergarten. Last year Dylan got on the bus at 6:45 for school at 8am because we lived so far out in the country. It was like that in Kansas City too. This year school doesn't start until 8:40 and they get on the bus at 8am!! I'm so excited, but Jerreme still wakes me up early getting ready for work. He got to go into work late this morning so he could see the boys get on the bus. I got a little teary last night putting Skyler to bed, but I did good this morning and didn't cry (I tend to tear easily if you didn't know that about me). They were both pretty excited getting off the bus to tell me about their day. Dylan has a locker and he said his teacher is very nice... this is her first year teaching. Skylers room is decorated in frogs... he's very excited about that and he has rest time and snacks. I'm suprised that Savannah didn't talk about them more today. I thought she would really be bothered by their absence. I did however have a much more pleasant trip to the grocery store with only two kids. They fell asleep before I got out of the parking lot and I had quiet time at home for a while too. I'm looking forward to that everyday!!

The boys eating pancakes for breakfast




Daddy with all the kids

Skyler getting on the bus (Dylan wouldn't let me take his picture)

Skyler after school

4 comments:

Lacey said...

They are so cute. It is amazing how fast they grow up. I can't wait for school to start here in a week. Hurray!!!

Marie said...

Your boys are so stinken' handsome!!! I giggled at Dylan not letting you take his picture. I was just wondering today when Daniel won't let me cuddle him anymore. I will be SO sad. Emma starts next week - it will be an adventure! I'll have to get some pics too, but we have to walk to school, no fun bus ride! Take care!!

Aja Jenise said...

How freaking cool!!! YEAH Skylar!! Good job buddy... they should have let him in school years ago with his skills. And I just have to say... Dylan needs to be a little more willign with the pictures cause he looked shapr there with Skylar posing before school. Plus he has got those AMAZING eyes and that killer smile!! Good job guys!! Have fun!!
The girls started school today as well... though ours has a lot of couch time. Man I love snuggling with with the girls and our new books. Plus it was cool enough to open the windows... it felt like fall... man I will miss you guys for fall and Halloween...
more soon!

Aja

Jenn said...

How exciting for you! We are counting down the days here until our school starts. I, too, will look forward to going to the store with one less kid. Somehow it really does make a difference.