Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Lake

We have a beautiful lake near our house and the kids and I have gone over there the last couple mornings. I take Jett and Savannah in the stroller and Dylan and Skyler walk. Well, yesterday Skyler tried to ride his bike and he almost didn't make it back to the car. He was whining saying it was the desert and he was going to die if he didn't get a drink (he's my drama queen). Today we didn't take the bike and it went much better. We figured that from where we parked to the gardens and back was a little over 2 1/2 miles. We were definately tired and ready for a nap when we got home so that was a plus! The garden area is very pretty and Dylan had the camera so we got a picture of every flower in there. The geese and ducks were quite plentiful as well and today we came prepared with bread so they were swarming us. It is slow going with 4 kids and the walk takes us 2-3 hours by the time we stop and play and swing and feed the birds and smell the flowers. We're taking the walk around the other side of the lake tomorrow...wish us luck that we make it back to the car! There are 7 miles of trail around the lake and someday I'll make it all the way around. I don't know if it would be any easier pulling them on a bike? There are lots of flowers pics and it may take a few minutes to load!

2 comments:

Marie said...

Great pics of the kids, love all the flowers Dylan, and the pictures of the heron, goslings and turtle are really cool!!!

Aja Jenise said...

ARGH!! I miss that lake... I am truly green with envy... or maybe its just mold from the humidity out here. But really I miss that lake... almost as much as I miss you chica!!

Aja