Thursday, December 18, 2008

Girl... what am going to do with you?!

Okay... so it's probably clear to everyone by now that Savannah likes to get into things.. make messes... try my patience whenever possible. So the other night I was making pizza and I opened the mushrooms and the olives. While I was cutting the olives Dylan walks in the kitchen and says "missing anything mom?" while holding an empty mushroom can. I didn't even see her take them and she ate the whole thing! The next day I was on the computer (my only outlet to the outside world) and I heard silence (a bad thing) so I went to check it out and this is what I found...

...500 legos all over the floor.

So then tonight she strikes again. I was upstairs getting supper started and she had gone downstairs with the boys to play video games. I finally realized she probably wasn't playing games and had a bad feeling. I had been downstairs most all day working on a quilt I am making for Skyler for Christmas. It's almost done... I am just finishing quilting the borders and then have to bind it. So in all the horror this is what I found...


I'm trying to figure out just exactly how I"m going to fix this problem. I've asked some quilting friends and am anxiously awaiting their answers. I do love this little princess so much, but she is nothing like my boys! They would never have given me this much grey hair :) I only hope she grows out of some of this!

(Oh, I did catch her trying to cut her hair with some kiddie scissors. She had cut a little bit, but I stopped her before she whacked off the big hunk she ws holding!) And yes... she did use my big super sharp scissors on the quilt.

1 comment:

Marie said...

Oh my goodness!!!! I know you love her, but does her world end when she does something like what she did to the quilt? I love it how Dr. Phil says it. He says that with kids, there are things that are "show stoppers" and the world as they know it needs to end. They need to know that some things really are serious. Hopefully you can fix it - but what if she had cut herself? I think the using of the scissors is probalby worse than cutting the quilt. I'm assuming kiddie scissors couldn't have cut your quilt up. Anyway - not sure what she values, maybe a favorite toy or something. It probably should disappear for a very long time. That's just my two cents. I know my kids get into stuff, the legos look familiar, but I would be so upset if they grabbed "real" scissors and went to town on anything with me not present. Okay, I'll stop now. :) I'll try to call you tomorrow if I can stop to catch my breath long enough with all that I have to do. I'm getting my hair cut - wish you were here!!!!!