Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Always playing catch up

So I'm a little behind... again. It seeme like their is always so much going on and I don't take the time to sit down and make note of it. I wish I was better about that. Not only do I like sharing with you all the things the kids do, but it's also on here for me to look back on and remember what they did.

So, first topic... football. Jerreme wound up coaching Dylans football team because the other coach just happened to not know a thing about football. I guess they just needed a body so there could be a team. As it turned out... I don't think the boys knew anything either. He had fun helping them though and would do it all again next year.
This game was a double header and it was pouring!

The boys had fun playing in the rain...


My neighbor and I had been going on morning walks and one morning it was a little drizzly, but it wasn't going to stop us. We got about 4 blocks away and it started in a little harder so I commented... then it started pouring and I commented again... then it started hailing and my neighbor said "don't say anything!" So we're trying to run back to the house with kids in the strollers and looking like drowned rats. It was definately something to look back on and laugh about.


Neewollah...(that's Halloween spelled backwards) In the town we recently moved from they have a huge week long festival... carnival rides, street vendors, entertainment... this year Terri Clark was there. We got to go back on Friday and participate in the kiddie parade. The kids had a great time and got to see some friends. Skyler was sad the spectators weren't throwing candy at us!


Sunday we drove two hours to watch my dad skydive! He's 66 and I guess got the idea from Bucket List. It was very exciting to watch and Jerr and I are ready to save up and go!


Last night we carved pumpkins. Savannah really liked digging in and getting dirty. The boys had a double sided pumpkin and Vannah and I worked on a girly one. Jerr and I wound up staying up late finishing them. We had much fun though!
The girly Little Mermaid pumpkin...

Skylers pumpkin (he had the idea and dad had to pull it off)

Dylans pumpkin

Everybody getting dirty...


Tonight was parent/teacher conference night... oh boy! Both boys are doing very well. Skyler wrote a little book and took it into school at the beginning of the year and I guess it set off a spark and all the kids are making books and wanting to share them with the class. The teacher said she is running out of paper!

Tomorrow we have class parties and a parade in the school. Then no school Thurs. and Fri. and we can't wait till Trick or Treating!! I was practicing with Savannah on what to say when you go out. She said trick-or-treat so I took it a step more and held up my imaginary door for her to knock on. She knocked and I told her what a pretty costume she had and then I whispered "what do you say?" and she said "...give me some candy!" So maybe we need to work on that a little more!

5 comments:

Marie said...

Sounds like you guys are busy, busy!!! Love all of the pics and those are some fabulous pumpkins!! We haven't even carved ours yet - oops!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! Those are some nice pumpkins!!! We usually do ours the night before Halloween, so I'm excited to do ours! :). We did go to the pumpkin patch, we just haven't taken the time to dig into that big orange thing! And the story about Savannah and knocking on the door! HILARIOUS!!! My boys say the whole "give me something good to eat". The funny thing is, Jacob doesn't even like candy! HA! Well, happy halloween, the family looks great! Can't wait to see you soon??

Lacey said...

What cute costumes! You are so good to dress up. I must be a party pooper because I don't dress up anymore.

Adam and Michelle Bradbury said...

How fun to read about all of your fun times. I love this stretch of holidays--from now until Christmas. It is especially fun because Brig is starting to get it this year. We took him to his first Trunk or treat last week and it only took about 5 cars before he understood--I say "Trick or treat" and I get candy. He now walks around the house and says it randomly on the off chance I might give him candy someday.

When Adam and I were dating, he took me skydiving. He was not tandem with me but jumped out of the plane right after. It was tons of fun. I would totally recommend it.

Aja Jenise said...

Love love love the pumpkins! I never heard whetehr you got the pics okay, but I see it worked out fine. Sorry if the pics were too big!! I REALLY liked one of the ones of you and Jerreme. And the one of you and walking in the parade. I hope you could figure something to do with them. We are hoping to carve pumpkins tomorrow... nothing like last minute eh?! We are having a bit of a Halloween party tomorrow night with all the Giles. Wish you were here... I had fun last year going out with ya'll. We'll see how well it goes since I ain't prego this time! Have fun!