Monday, May 26, 2008

Happy Birthday Little June Bugs!



My grandma always called Skyler a little June bug, so now I have two little bugs! How exciting it was last year for Skyler to get a baby brother on his birthday. This year was very crazy busy. It is handy to do one party for two kids, but the age difference might require to do two different parties in years to come. This year we had a beach birthday! I made sandcastle cakes for both boys. Jett got a mini-castle, while Skyer got a grande castle both decorated with chocolate rocks. There were a couple people that panicked when Jett stuck a rock in his mouth. I had to assure them they were edible and that I wouldn't put real rocks on the cake. We had gobs of presents and then moved outside for some water fun on the water slide. All the kids had a grand time time getting wet although it was a little chilly. The sun never fully came out after the rain, but that didn't slow them down any! I think there were about 11 kids on the slide... it definately got a work out. After all the partying Jett fell asleep in his high chair. I didn't take another picture of the big square indention on his forehead from the hole he was laying on! We had the party before their actual birthday... it's not till June 2. That will be quite an exciting day as well because my good friend Aja is having a baby boy that day and her girls are staying with us. One more June bug to add to the collection!! (Picture of sleeping Jett to come soon.. I couldn't get it to load.!

2 comments:

Marie said...

Happy early birthday, boys!!! We miss you all. Emma's card is in the mail tomorrow - hopefully in time for the actual day. Take care, and love the new blog template!!! I almost used it myself ;)

Aja Jenise said...

They are truly precious... and the party was a hit! We were so excited to get to meet more of the extended family.